The title of this book, Second Chances, caught my eye because I have been on the receiving end of many second chances in life. From very small happenstances to extreme life changes – being granted a second chance is the greatest form of grace I have encountered.
I was pleasantly surprised to discover this book was not comprised of chapters directing me on how to accept second chances with a grateful heart. Instead, it contained stories of grace from Max Lucado’s library of writings.
From traditional Bible stories to biographical recollections from Lucado’s life; this book reminds us, page by page, that God’s love is endless and His grace will return moment after moment.
- God’s efforts are strongest when our efforts are useless.
- Reconciliation restiches the unraveled, reverses the rebellion, rekindles the cold passion.
- Deflating inflated egos is so important to God that He offers to help.
- Their [Your] sin collided with their [your] Savior, and their [your] Savior won!
I received this book from Thomas Nelson through their Booksneeze program. I was not required to write a positive review.
- Book Review: Second Chances by Max Lucado (thekyleconrad.wordpress.com)
- Boo Review – Second Chances by Max Lucado (thisthat-n-tother.com)
- Book Review: Second Chances by Max Lucado (paschott.wordpress.com)
- Review: Second Chances by Max Lucado (harvestlanecottage.blogspot.com)